Well, today is the final day to vote for your favorite semi-finalists at the Heartfelt Creations blog - so if you haven't done so, could you take a moment and check it out? Just by voting you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate (and you would be helping this girl out!)
I've got the details on how I created this layout, and all of my supplies listed below. Thanks for stopping by!
1. Take base page ( Corner blackberry) and water distress the edges. After the page is completely dry, randomly swipe the edges using watermark ink, and sprinkle with ultra high gold embossing powder and heat set. Tuck gold crocheted lace behind any tears along the edge. Glue this entire sheet to a plain piece of cardstock.
2. Cut patterned papers for each of the panels as shown. Ink the edges using Leather ink, and then use a distress tool along the edges. Tuck a piece of crocheted lace under the long panel on the left side before gluing to the base. Use dimensional foam to attach the other panels.
3. Stamp the flower trio from the Tattered Blossoms Swirl set onto white cardstock, and fussy cut the image. Color using Copic markers.
4. Stamp 5 of the smallest Tattered Floral flowers, and 2 of the second smallest – using brown archival ink. Heatset the ink. Using the matching die set, cut the flowers. Paint using Creative Inspirations Paint and allow to dry. Shape the flowers using the McGill tools and mat. Layer the flowers on the stamped base and add pearls to the centers. Tuck chipboard swirls behind the flower cluster. Attach above the photograph.
5. Die cut words from the Spellbinders Girly Grunge Labels and attach directly to the photograph.
6. Stamp, cut and color multiples of all 5 sizes of the Tattered Blossoms as above. Shape and layer the petals as shown to create varying blossoms.
7. Build the flower cluster on the page, starting with a die cut flourish from the Decorative Dutch Iris set. Center your largest flowers in the center of the cluster, adjacent to the photograph. Make sure some of the cluster touches the photo to help maintain a nice balance. Build the cluster up by adding the smaller flowers to the outer edges. Add glass glitter to some of the flower centers, pearls to others.
8. Stamp the Maple leaf from the Open Falling Leaves set using watermark ink. Heat emboss using the Ultra High Gold embossing powder and cut using the matching die. Shape the leaves and nestle the around the flowers. Add a small bow made with the gold crocheted ribbon amongst the flower cluster.
9. Color the chipboard letters using embossing powders and add to the upper right corner of the layout.
Dusty Attic Chipboard
WorldWin Papers Cardstock
Wow Embossing Powder – Ultra High Gold; Presidio Purple
Creative Inspirations Paint
Stampendous Glass Glitter